Conventions and events are big places with lots of things to do and see.
Before going to the event, talk with your friends and designate a central meeting place in the event someone becomes lost or can’t find others in their party. This meeting place should be public and accessible 24 hours a day.
In the event someone you know is lost or has gone missing:
- Look in familiar spots and locations you think they might be.
- Call their cell phone if the cell network is working.
- Consult convention staff and building security.
- In the event the person is under 18 consider calling police or local law enforcement.
- Do your best to be patient and calm.
Proactive planning in this area should be talked about beforehand to help people stay in touch with each other. Social media and instant messaging are fantastic to accomplish this.